Laptop Case: Etsy
If you don't mind me saying so, I really don't care for the term "resolution." Especially if it's in the same sentence as "New Year." It feels more like an obligation, opposed to a choice.
Three days into the year, my 'resolutions' are usually shot, and I'm left feeling more discouraged with myself than before, lol. Personally, I am driven by goals. Goals give me structure, yet allow me the freedom to carve my own path to reach them.
I am an extremely Type-A person, so I like to accomplish things in steps or phases. For example: my first step to reach a goal is to figure out WHAT my goals actually are. I make a list of these goals, and put them in order, based on importance/priority. Now that I have these goals written down, it's a constant reminder to keep me motivated.
So you're probably wondering what my list of goals entails for 2017. I'm wondering the same thing... LOL, just teasing ;)
2016 entailed a lot of change for me... I planned a wedding, got married, moved to a new city, started my own company, etc. Needless to say, my priorities have changed just a tad. I've truly come to realize how important my friends and family are to me, and the significance in each relationship. (I sound like such an old lady, I know!!!)
So before I start getting too sappy...I've listed this year's goals below - feel free to pick and choose what you'd like to read! :)
In August, 2016, I married the love of my life (Nathan). I want to devote everything that I can to him this year. I want to be the wife that challenges him, supports him, and fulfills his needs. I am going to work on being one more than being right (Lord knows I am hard headed)!
Like I mentioned above, 2016 was full of changes for me. One of the biggest changes that I faced was moving from Dallas to Kerrville. Although, still in Texas, I live further from my family than I ever have. Yes, I do have AMAZING in-laws here in town (they absolutely makes Kerrville feel more like home), but sometimes a girl just needs her mom (even when you're married and 24 years old, lol). My relational goal this year is to make sure I maintain, if not progress my relationship with my family. I want to make sure I talk to them regularly, and see them often.
In regard to my in-laws... They are the most thoughtful/generous family I know. I am going to strive to return that generosity. I want them to always feel appreciated.
1. I want to find a workout routine that I can be consistent with. I'd LOVE to start eating healthy and meal prepping. I don't feel that I need to measure my progress based on weight, but I would like to gain visible muscle.
2. Since moving to Kerrville, my occupation must change a little. I want to get my realestate license this year, and sell my first house.
3. I find myself on my phone looking at useless information ALL the time! Or spending hours on end watching the Food Network, lol. This year I want to start reading educational and inspirational books.
4. Anyone that truly knows me know that I live by my planner. I want to be better with keeping it organized, and using it efficiently.
5. I want to send more mail this year. One thing I love more than most people is getting fun mail/letters. I think it would be so fun to send "Just Because" packages in the mail to friends and family.
6. I'm a strong believer in the law of attraction. This year, I want to rid my thoughts of negativity and start focusing on what I want, and where I want to be.
I always start with a handful of goals, and they end up evolving as the year goes on. Give yourself a few to start with, and challenge them as the year passes.
I'd love to hear what you're striving for in 2017!